Why Choose PFC?
If you’re reading this, you’re probably already involved in General Aviation or giving serious thought to fulfilling your dream of earning your wings. Whether it’s staying current or taking that first step to earning your Pilot’s Certificate, selecting the right place to do your training can make all the difference in the world. There are many articles and publications out there that explain what you need to look for and what questions to ask before signing on to take lessons or renting and aircraft. AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association) has some excellent suggestions at: https://www.aopa.org/letsgoflying/ready/choose/howto.html.
We at Premier Flight Center at Hartford’s Brainard Airport want you to go one step further. We are so sure that our products and services are the best in the New England area we actually want you to check out our competition and compare what we have to offer. “C’mon, we dare ya“ to ask our competition these important questions, then compare us:
- Ask how long they have been in business and check out their office location and appearance.
- Ask what their pass/fail rate is. Do they run ground school classes as well?
- Ask about their safety history.
- Ask to see their “fleet of aircraft” (not just looks/is safe but the overall appearance as well. Is the aircraft you will be renting something you would be proud to take someone for a flight in and you are totally comfortable in).
- Ask how much experience their Instructors have (hours of logged “Dual Given”).
- Ask what ratings their instructors have and what formal education they have.
- Ask how long their staff has been with them.
- Ask about their instructor’s peer recognition (NAFI, SAFE, AOPA, EAA memberships).
- Ask what their instructor’s goals in aviation are and their flying experience.
- Ask if their instructors are active in the Industry (publish articles, produce FAA Safety Seminars, attend workshops and conventions).
- Ask if any of their Instructors have been nationally recognized by the FAA (as FAA Safety Team Reps, earned the FAA’s CFI “Gold Seal”, named Flight Instructor of the Year, etc).
- Ask if there’s any pressure to pay “upfront” for “guaranteed license packages” or can you pay as you go with training tailored to meet your needs/goals.
You should be made to feel like part of a family and not just a customer. It’s your time and money! Premier Flight Center is the best at what we do and we’ve been doing it very successfully for quite a while! Not happy with your present flight training or just not sure which school is right for you? Compare us to the rest and then come fly/train with the best! C’mon, we dare ya!